WE WANT YOU!
Want To Be Part of the MZ Electric Team?
About MZ Electric
MZ Electric has been family-owned and operated since 2009. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our team members, our community, and the clients we serve in the Littleton and entire Denver, CO metropolitan area. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and comply with ADA regulations as applicable.
Residential Service Electrician
- Compensation: $17-45, depending on experience
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Signing bonus
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement
- PLUS bonus and benefits
Full Job Description
Do you want to work for a company that values hard work, commitment, and drive? A company that recognizes your everyday input and gives you opportunities to grow? If your answers to these questions are a resounding yes, then you might be the one we’re looking for. At MZ Electric, we are actively seeking highly motivated, talented, and personable individuals to join our techs and sales associates. We offer a competitive benefits package to all potential candidates, including a respectable salary, paid time off, health insurance, and more.
Position Details & Requirements
The Electrician will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of the electrical systems in residential homes. This includes but is not limited to; troubleshooting/repair, install and maintain wiring and lighting systems, inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers, install EV i.e. Tesla circuits and chargers, hot tub and sauna circuits, panel repairs and upgrades!
Technicians will primarily respond to service calls, and will also do planned maintenance and/or installation as needed. Experience in the lighting and electrical repair industry is preferred. Our company offers on-the-job training and yearly wage increases as your skills develop. Starting pay is determined upon skills and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serving the clients by expertly servicing customers’ entire needs.
- Wear floor savers while in the client’s home and maintain a neat work area when performing a repair or scheduled service.
- Always explain to the client what service you are performing. Explain and show the client how the company provides superior service.
- Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment.
- Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches, and switch gears.
- Survey electrical systems, circuits, and plans.
- Understand your sales criteria and hold yourself accountable for exceeding revenue goals.
- Establish rapport with clients to sell the right products and services.
- Re-check all electrical repairs and installations after you’ve repaired or replaced it, before leaving the client’s home to ensure everything is working properly and that we did indeed fix it right the first time.
- Perform a proper inspection of the client’s entire electrical system. Make sure you look for ways to prevent future breakdowns. Properly use the Pricing Guide. Do the right job for the client and everyone will win.
- Explain the club memberships to the client, giving them an opportunity to join.
- Maintain your truck so that it is neat and clean on the inside and outside at all times. The truck is one of the best billboards that the company has. Park the truck for the maximum impact of the “billboard” when possible.
- Obey the company Code of Ethics and the Team Rules.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well-inventoried truck.
- Always be safety-conscious both on the job and while driving.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings, and retreats.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Associate degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years experience, preferably licensed residential wireman
- Self-starter, reliable, flexibility with hours
- Strong customer service skills
- Background Check prior to employment
- Must pass random drug testing
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- General knowledge of power tools and techniques for care and safe use
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Climbing up and down on ladders and equipment
- Heavy lifting required (50-75) pounds, ladder work and tight space work required from time to time
- Ability to pick up a minimum of 25 pounds consistently and carry up to 250 feet unassisted
- Operate handheld power tools
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per workweek and up to 12 hours per day
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Would be exposed to very hot and very cold temperatures
- Will be in proximity to hazardous conditions, equipment, and situations
- Must be able to work with sharp tools and electricity that could potentially produce cuts or burns
- Wear safety attire often, such as goggles or other protective clothing
- Could be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are uncomfortable and distracting
- Will be exposed to very bright or inadequate lighting conditions
- Ability to climb ladders and work from roofs and scaffolding
- Will work around exposed contaminants
- Must be able to work in cramped work places, such as attics and crawl spaces under floors.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.